Sunday, December 30, 2012

The last three months...

Hmmm...no idea how the time got away from me so fast, but it has officially been three months since I made a post on our blog.  We have done so many things that I don't even know where to begin.  I really need to be better about updating.  Since September we have taken two road trips.  One was a last hurrah camping trip for the next couple of years.  It rained almost the whole time we were gone and air mattresses were definitely not made for women who are 20 something weeks pregnant.  It was really nice to get out of Wilson and to enjoy the time together.  I'm kind of an attention hog and love getting Craig's undivided attention so weekends like this are perfect.  We also took a trip to meet my parents in Asheville, NC and drove up and down the Blue Ridge Parkway.  It was the perfect break before the chaos of homecoming.

In November we had three baby showers.  Our wonderful friends Dana and Denise kicked things off with our first shower over Veteran's Day weekend.  The shower was perfect and I couldn't have asked for better friends/family.  We then traveled to Kentucky and Ohio for Thanksgiving.  Our friends/family there threw a shower the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Again it was perfect and I was so glad that Craig could attend and it was so nice to see our friends and family.  I'm so glad that we chose to have a co-ed shower.  Our last shower was November 30th at work.  So many of my coworkers chipped in and planned such an adorable shower and so many people were so thoughtful.  We really appreciated their generosity.

We've spent the last month trying to organize, wash, and arrange the baby's nursery.  We have so many things for our son and we are so blessed.  The last project to complete is a changing pad cover.  We tried to find one that matched at Target or Babies R Us, but found nothing.  Now I am going to just sew a simple cover from a tutorial I found online.  Once that is done I will take some pictures of the finished product.




 Can't believe we are so close to meeting our son!  We went on a dinner date last night at a fancy local restaurant.  The food was amazing, but of course the company was better.  I just kept trying to take everything in from the way that Craig looked to the beautiful miracle moving around inside of me.  To say that we are floating on cloud 9 right now is probably an understatement.  We cannot believe how much life has changed in the last year.  To go from such a low point to such a high in such a short time has been more than we could have ever imagined.


No comments:

Post a Comment